Website Kurbingui Youth and Family Development
Kurbingui Youth Development Ltd
Zillmere, Brisbane QLD
Employment Services (Community Services & Development)
Support Worker – Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW)
Must have experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. “Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply”
Do you want to make a difference?
Kurbingui Youth & Family Development is a not-for-profit Aboriginal community-controlled organisation.
Established in 2001, we have continued to grow in the number of services delivered to the community in areas such as employment and training, family support, domestic and family violence, alcohol and substance abuse, cultural education and engagement, support targeting successful educational outcomes for families and children and young people from preschool to tertiary, recreation and sports, early years, youth, women and men, cultural group activities, social, emotional well-being – suicide prevention, crisis response and treatment and health and nutrition.
Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW)
Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) is a suite of targeted skills and training programs supporting Queenslanders to gain the skills, qualifications and experience needed to enter and stay in the workforce.
Funded by the SQW initiative, Kurbingui delivers tailored training for Business Administration and Construction traineeships over 20 weeks. Our program provides intensive and holistic support to those who cannot access employment through more mainstream methods. In addition to undertaking the qualification, our model aims to support individuals into fulfilling employment through an innovative system of assistance designed to address both their structural and attitudinal barriers to employment.
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic Support Worker who has a passion for working with a diverse group of individuals and developing talent. Based in Zillmere on Brisbane’s northside, you will be required to work with qualified supervisors and trainers to support participants in their journey.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in training and mentoring, supported by a qualified trainer for theory and practical training
- Assist with project preparation
- Assist the supervisors with their trainees including developing training and support plans, managing difficult behaviour, managing leave and engaging and motivating through mentoring support
- Planning activities and workflow
- Report-writing, administration and funding report submissions
- Perform other duties as directed by the Team Leader/ Program Manager
- Qualifications or relevant experience in Employment Services, Project Management, Social Work, Human Services, Community Services, or relevant field.
- An extensive understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and protocols and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society.
- Demonstrated ability to provide appropriate information on a range of job services and referral pathways available for young people and families specific to their circumstances, including canvassing employers for vacancies, building networks and matching participants’ skills and attributes to vacancies OR Promote candidate referrals with local business, training organisations, and other referral sources.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently, effectively facilitate small groups Eg: Employability Skills & soft skills training, Job Club activities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organise and coordinate own workload.
- Effective communication, administration, database entry, case notes and report-writing skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role (coordination of business admin and/or construction traineeships desirable) and/or a desire to support individuals with the development of their traineeship journey into stable employment.
- An understanding of KPI’s in an employment environment
- **Must have Drivers License
How to apply?
- If this opportunity sounds like it’s the one for you, please click ‘Apply Now’ and provide a copy of your current resume and a cover letter outlining your ability to meet the Requirements listed above.
- Applications that do not address these requirements will not be considered.
- Address all applications to Deborah Keen, Team Leader – Youth and Family Services, Kurbingui Youth and Family Development.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.
Please note: We review applications on a rolling basis, so would recommend getting your application in as soon as possible.
You will receive a competitive remuneration package and salary sacrifice options in line with the ‘Fisher’ & ‘316 Regulation’ pay scale and Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award.
A copy of the position description can be requested from Deborah Keen
Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.