Website Kurbingui Youth and Family Development
Support Worker – Regional Suicide Prevention Program – Part-time 3 days per week.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Are you looking for a job that can help to make a difference in the lives of our Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community members and their families? Kurbingui Youth and Family Development is a lead agency in the Regional Suicide Prevention (‘RSP’) program on the northside of Brisbane/Moreton Bay regions to engage, support and assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members and their families around sustainable health pathways for those experiencing difficulties related to mental health and suicidality.
Do you want to make a difference?
The main objective of the Support Worker role is to support to the Regional Suicide Program (RSP) Practitioner in delivering services to the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community by providing client support, case support, and administrative support. This position requires a significant level of expertise, proactiveness, discretion, and a deep understanding of sustainable mental health solutions for this community.
The Regional Suicide Prevention Program
Kurbingui, under the sponsorship of the Brisbane North Primary Health Network (PHN), leads the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Regional Suicide Prevention (RSP) Program. The program’s primary goal is to offer both immediate response and ongoing care to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community residing in Brisbane North.
Kurbingui places great importance on nurturing the social, emotional, spiritual, and cultural wellbeing of individuals within our community. Furthermore, it acknowledges the significance of establishing connections to the land, culture, spirituality, family, and community for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The absence of these connections can have adverse effects on wellbeing.
The program’s objective is to pinpoint the most effective approach to suicide prevention education, support, and follow-up for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals in both the Brisbane North and Moreton Bay Regions. We are dedicated to collaborating with and serving the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population while recognising the diversity within our community.
Key Selection Criteria:
In addition to the skills and experience listed in the position description, to be successful in the role, you will have:
- Qualifications or relevant experience in Mental Health, Social Work, Human Services, Community Services, or relevant field.
- An extensive understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and protocols and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society.
- Demonstrated administration skills; including case note writing, data entry.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organise and coordinate own workload; time management skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, consultation and liaison skills including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- An ability to liaise and work with relevant government and non-government organisations.
- Willing and able to work within a culturally competent context and Kurbingui’s mission, vision and values.
You will also have the following qualifications / certificates:
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Current Drivers License (QLD)
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a ‘Positive Notice’ Blue card
- Have or willing to undergo a Police Check
This part time position offers a competitive remuneration package in line with the ‘Fisher’ & ‘316 Regulation’ pay scale and Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010. There is a competitive remuneration and salary sacrifice benefits package available as well as the provision of ongoing training & professional development.
Address your application to Deb Keen, Program Manager, Kurbingui Youth and Family Development.
Applications must include a resume and a two to three-page cover letter that includes a response to the Key Selection Criteria as listed above.
To request a copy of the position description please email Tina Ridley firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks prior to and throughout employment.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.