Website Kurbingui Youth and Family Development
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Do you want to make a difference?
The vision of Kurbingui Youth and Family Development is to be a deadly organisation that supports our mob on their journey. Our mission is to build a flexible, sustainable organisation based on cultural values that can empower community to reach their potential. The values that we bring to our work are personal growth, harmony, accountability, communication, and teamwork.
About our Organisation
Kurbingui is an Aboriginal community based and driven not-for-profit organisation that offers service to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members, families, children and young people living within the Greater Brisbane, Moreton Bay and South East regions.
Kurbingui currently delivers various community services covering areas such as employment and training, family support, domestic and family violence, alcohol and substance abuse, cultural education and engagement programs, education support for families and children from preschool to tertiary, recreation and sports, early years, youth, women’s and men’s programs and cultural group activities, disability support, and health and nutrition.
The Cleaner is responsible for undertaking various duties related to maintaining a hygienic, orderly, and well-presented working environment.
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of designated areas; including offices, meeting rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, toilets.
- Dusting, emptying rubbish bins, disinfecting hard surfaces in communal areas.
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop floors in all designated areas
- Stock and maintain bathroom and kitchen dispensers (eg. soap, toilet paper, etc)
- Track stock levels of cleaning products and materials required, submit purchase requests to Office Admin when stocks are low (eg disinfectant, toilet paper, etc)
- Propose and undertake heavy cleaning jobs as required
- Ensure outside walkways remain clear and free of debris
- Cleaning ceiling vents as required
- Dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately
- Notify office management of any repairs required
- Performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Perform duties in accordance with organisational requirements.
- Contribute to improvement of processes and make suggestions.
- Complete cleaning duty sheets and maintain MSDS.
- Promote and encourage a safe workplace for self, other staff and members of the public.
This role is based at Kurbingui offices in Zillmere, however it is important to note that the work areas are spread across three (3) buildings on-site; two of which are two-storey.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Experience with cleaning and an understanding of high hygiene levels
- Strong commitment to maintaining high-quality clean buildings
- Effective time-management, ability to prioritise and complete tasks.
- Capacity to effectively work independently
- First Aid and CPR (or ability to obtain)
- Current Drivers Licence (QLD)
- Current ‘Positive Notice’ Blue card
Address your application to Tina Ridley, Administration Manager, Kurbingui Youth and Family Development.
Applications must include a resume and a cover letter that includes a response to the Criteria as listed above. Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
To request a copy of the position description please email Tina Ridley email@example.com.
Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks prior to and throughout employment.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.