Brisbane will enter a three-day lockdown to stop the spread of the highly contagious UK strain of COVID-19.
From 6pm Friday 8th January 2021 until 6pm Monday 4th January 2021, people in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan will be required to stay at home except:
- Shopping for essentials, food and necessary supplies
- Medical or healthcare needs, including compassionate requirements
- Exercise with no more than one other person, unless all from the same household
- Providing care or assistance to an immediate family member
- Work, or volunteering, or study if it is not reasonably practicable to work or learn remotely
- Child custody arrangements
- Legal obligations
- Visit for end of life
- Attend funeral or wedding in line with restrictions
Further restrictions include:
No more than two visitors to the household per day (in addition to anyone else currently staying in the household), excluding care workers or volunteers All businesses that can remain open must adhere to one person per 4 square metres with maximum of 20 to 50 with COVID Safe or Industry Plan Restaurants and cafes to provide takeaway service only Cinemas, entertainment and recreation venues, gyms etc to close Places of worship to close Weddings involve a maximum of 10 people, including the celebrant and witnesses Funerals involve a maximum of 20 people Mandatory mask wearing anywhere outside of your home No visitors to aged care facilities, hospitals, disability accommodation services or correctional facilities.
As we prepare for the possibility of more cases across the state, let’s do what Queenslanders do best – stick together and help each other out.
The most important thing we want you to know is that you should be aware of, and informed, but not alarmed. Our experienced staff have responded strongly to this pandemic over the past 12 months and will do so again.
For more information, please visit: