Family Response Facilitator – Yadeni Tago Combined Family and Child Connect (Combined FaCC) (Indigenous and non-Indigenous Family and Child Connect Program)
Full-time position (Part-time considered)
Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Do you want to make a difference?
The vision of Kurbingui Youth and Family Development is to be a deadly organisation that supports our mob on their journey. Our mission is to build a flexible, sustainable organisation based on cultural values that can empower community to reach their potential. The values that we bring to our work are personal growth, harmony, accountability, communication, and teamwork.
About Kurbingui Youth & Family Development
Kurbingui Youth and Family Development (Kurbingui) is a not-for-profit Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation that offers services primarily to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders, individuals, families, children, and young people living within the Greater Brisbane, Moreton Bay and Southeast Qld regions.
Kurbingui delivers various community services covering areas such as employment and training, family support, domestic and family violence response, alcohol and substance abuse, cultural education and engagement programs, support for families and children from preschool to tertiary education, recreation and sports, early years, families, children and youth supports, women’s and men’s programs, cultural group activities, Youth Justice and NDIS.
About Yadeni Tago – Combined FACC
The Combined Family and Child Connect for the Greater Brisbane region is delivered by Kurbingui Youth and Family Development. This integrated model within our Community is called “Yadeni Tago” which is Turrbal language for “Advancing Together”. The program acknowledges the strengths of a diverse and multi-skilled team and has been a great opportunity for all team members to share their skills and knowledge including working with families using various culturally safe frameworks, approaches, and practice for Indigenous, non-Indigenous, and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse families. Yadeni Tago staff are committed to maintain professional and culturally safe environments for both staff and families they work with.
The Combined FACC is a Queensland Government-funded initiative aimed at ensuring vulnerable families and children have access to high-quality services at the right time to support them to maintain the family unit. Due to a service delivery model change the Brisbane Region Yadeni Tago Combined Family and Child Connect are seeking to employ additional Family Response Facilitators for our Inala Hub.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide quality service through the assessment and recommendation of culturally appropriate responses comprising all aspects of intake, engagement, assessment, information, advice and referral to support services within a time-limited period.
To be successful in the role, you will (Key Selection Criteria):
- Have an extensive understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and or Culturally and Linguistically Diverse peoples, cultures and societies as well as the issues that impact upon them in contemporary society.
- Previous experience in similar roles using strength-based framework within the Early Intervention through to Complex Needs responses.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in conducting safety and risk assessments.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Queensland Child Protection System.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organise and coordinate own workload within a team environment and autonomously within deadlines.
- Effective communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal; including report-writing and recording case-notes.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability in the use of a variety of software packages. For example, MS Outlook, Word, Excel spreadsheets, ARC and database packages.
- Qualifications or equal Professional Experience in the areas of Human Services, Social Work and/or Psychology, Community Services, Youth Work, Early Childhood and DFV with a focus on child protection
- Current Positive Blue Card
- Current Drivers Licence
- Be willing to undergo a Criminal History check
This position offers a competitive remuneration package in line with the ‘Fisher’ & ‘316 Regulation’ pay scale and Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award.
- Attractive salary packaging options up to $15,899 (annual limit) with meal entertainment card, and novated lease options
- Ongoing education, training and professional development opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Paid External Professional Supervision
- Onsite parking and train line next door
How to Apply
Address your application to Jenny Schulz – Yadeni Tago Combine FACC Team Leader.
Your application must include a resume and a cover letter that includes a response to the Key Selection Criteria listed above.
To request a copy of the position description please email Tina Ridley email@example.com.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but will close officially on the 20th of January.
Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks prior to and throughout employment.
Interviews will be held in the new year.
To Apply or for more information visit: