The Lady Musgrave Trust believes all women deserve to feel safe and live a life free from hardship. The Lady Musgrave Trust is Queensland’s oldest charity (established 1885) and a champion for homeless women.
The Trust provides life-saving services to vulnerable women and their children when they are facing critical homeless situations as a result of domestic violence, family breakdown, poor health and other complex issues.
The Handy Guide for Homeless Women in Brisbane (including Ipswich, Logan and the Redlands) is updated annually in print, with online updates through the year.
The homelessness service directory for Brisbane was started by The Lady Musgrave Trust in 2009 and is now is the most highly regarded directory of its kind for women in need in the Brisbane area.
The Handy Guide is used by women in need, governments, private and not-for-profit organisations right across the city.
The Handy Guide for Homeless Women has been developed to provide support services for women who are without shelter or at risk of becoming homeless. It provides details for vital services including:
- Emergency phone numbers
- Accommodation such as emergency accommodation, short and long-term accommodation units and housing services
- Food and welfare such as food vans, kitchens, laundry, showers, and Centrelink
- Support centres such as Drop-in Centres, Community Centres, and Assessment and Referral Services
- Health services such as emergency choices, street doctors, and specialty services
- Legal assistance for tenancy/housing problems, victims of crime, Centrelink and more
- Community and specialist services for domestic violence support, family support and immigration support
- Facilities such as public libraries, lockers, free transport and toilets
The 2021-2022 Brisbane, 2021-2023 Regional and the Older Women’s Handy Guides are now all available to order.
These must-have guides are full of support services for women who are without shelter or at risk of becoming homeless. They are indispensable tools that you can use whenever these women turn to you for help.
Order your digital or hard copy here: