Website Kurbingui Youth and Family Development
Supervisor – Construction Trainees
Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW)
Cert I Construction Traineeship
- Part time – 4 days per week
- Rewarding role helping community
- Supportive team
- Teach your skills and knowledge to others!
Kurbingui Youth Development Ltd is a not-for-profit Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that offers support to around 13,600 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people – approximately seven per cent of Queensland’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population – living in the Greater Brisbane, Moreton Bay and South East regions. Kurbingui has a sound established and maintained footprint throughout the regions which began in 2001. Kurbingui currently delivers various community services covering area such as employment and training, family support, domestic and family violence, alcohol and substance abuse, cultural education and engagement programs, education support for families and children from preschool to tertiary, recreation and sports, early years, youth, women’s and men’s programs and cultural group activities, and health and nutrition.
- The Construction Trainee Supervisor role is responsible for the training, support and supervision of trainee participants undertaking the Cert 1 course in Construction within the Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) program based at Kurbingui in Zillmere.
- This position will ensure quality and culturally safe services are delivered in accordance with all contractual agreements and operate in accordance with policies, procedures of the organisation, and all relevant legislation.
Qualifications & experience
- Experience in construction/building projects in the construction industry.
- Previous experience in a group training setting and/or the ability to manage, supervise and instruct trainees and contractors to ensure that works are completed within set time-frames, budgets and to Kurbingui/legislative standards.
- Experience working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island communities; including an understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the trainees.
- Effective communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal, report writing.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with contractors, service authorities other organisations and individuals.
- Willingness to support team members and work as part of a cohesive team across the site and organisation.
- Excellent problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- A willingness to teach and mentor young people and/or people from complex backgrounds.
- Ability to develop constructive working relationships and liaise effectively and with Aboriginal and Torres Straits Islander young people, adults, community groups, other employees and external agencies.
- Ability to liaise and work collaboratively with relevant Government and non-Government organisations.
- The capacity to inspire trust, motivation and confidence in others.
- Computer proficient, with experience in MS Office.
- To support the trainee participants to successfully complete Construction Certificate I and gain employment in the area. This part time position offers a competitive remuneration package, onsite parking, train line next door, and salary sacrifice options available.
Address your application to Deb Keen, Employment & Training Team Leader on Dkeen@kurbingui.org.au. Your application must include a resume and a cover letter that includes a response to the Key Selection Criteria as listed above. Applications who do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks prior to and throughout employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.