Website Brisbane City Council
Req ID: 634661
Personnel Area: Organisational Services
Branch: Support Services Centre
Salary Range: As per award
Work type: Temporary Full time
Duration: Up to 12 months
- Keen to gain experience in an office environment?
- Looking for support and mentoring to help with your career goals?
Then this could be the start to a career in administration you’ve been looking for.
Applications are now open for enthusiastic candidates interested in starting a career in business administration for Brisbane City Council’s 2023 traineeship program.
In this role, we will give you the training, support and mentoring you need to get involved in a range of general administration tasks such as:
- Data entry, binding, laminating, printing and mailouts
- Procurement – purchasing of goods and services
- Customer service – reception, phone, emails, in person
- Other general administrative tasks
This role will interest you if you:
- are keen to learn about desk/computer work that often involves repeatable tasks
- enjoy working with others in a team environment
- enjoy helping people and provide great customer service
- take pride in and ownership of your work
You don’t need prior experience in administration, and we’d love to hear from you if:
- you are curious and motivated to learn business administration skills
- you have reliable transport to get to and from a variety of locations across Brisbane, some of which are not serviced by public transport
- you have a minimum of Grade 10 level Maths and English
- combined in-class training and on the job learning with experienced trainers and mentors appeals to you
- you are committed to completing your training modules throughout the year
- you are reliable and organised
- you have good communication skills
We can teach you the rest!
After completing your formal training and hands-on learning you will have:
- a nationally recognised qualification (Cert III Business Administration)
- valuable work experience
- developed your communication and self-management skills
- developed a new social and professional network
- gained a solid grounding and skill set to apply for future roles within Brisbane City Council or other organisations
If you would like to earn while you learn with a Brisbane City Council Administration Traineeship – Apply Now!!
Brisbane City Council is a great place to work
- The benefits of working at Council
- Brisbane City Council has recently launched its firstReconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and is actively working to increase opportunities for Brisbane’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. While our traineeships are open to everyone, we strongly encourage applications and enquiries from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
- Brisbane City Council is a multi-award winning accessible and inclusive workplace where our people represent the diverse communities we serve, are supported and can feel safe. Council has been awarded Employer of the Year at the National Disability Awards and since 2018 has been recognised with ‘Gold Employer’ statusfrom the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
- Council’s diverse and inclusive workforce helps make Brisbane a great place to live, work and relax.
Please note that you may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment to assess your ability to perform the genuine occupational requirements of the role.
How to apply: Click on the ‘Apply’ button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and cover letter which tells us why you’re interested in this opportunity and any work experience you already have.
For more information: Please contact Libby Watkins on 3178 0115 or email@example.com with subject heading ‘civil construction traineeship enquiry’.
If you are interested in the role but you are unsure if you meet the requirements, or need some advice about preparing your application, we would still love to hear from you at the contact details provided.
Closing Date: Wednesday 5 October at 11.55 pm
To apply for this job please visit career10.successfactors.com.