Website Brisbane City Council
Req ID: 642661
Personnel Area: Lifestyle and Community Services
Branch: Compliance and Regulatory Services
Salary Range: As per award
Work type: Temporary Full time
Duration: Up to 12 months
- Keen to gain experience in an office environment with a focus on building and structures?
- Looking for support and mentoring to help with your career goals?
Then this could be the start to a career in administration/construction you’ve been looking for.
Applications are now open for enthusiastic candidates interested in starting a career in Brisbane City Council’s 2023 traineeship program.
In this role, we will give you the training, support and mentoring you need to get involved in a range of administration tasks and buddy with experienced officers to support our Built Environment team such as:
- investigating matters related to compliance for buildings and structures
- collecting information from desktop research, site visits, meetings with members of the public
- searching for relevant matters on our online system
- reading and applying standards and codes for building and structures.
This role will interest you if you:
- are keen to learn about standards and codes for the construction industry (building and structures)
- enjoy both indoor (desk) and outdoor work (site visits to collect information)
- enjoy working with others in a team environment
- take pride in and ownership of your work.
You don’t need prior experience in administration or construction, and we’d love to hear from you if:
- you are curious and motivated to learn new skills
- you have a genuine interest in administration/construction
- have a minimum of Grade 10 level Maths and English
- combined in-class training and on the job learning with experienced trainers and mentors appeals to you
- you are committed to completing your training modules throughout the year
- you are reliable and organised
- you have good communication skills.
We can teach you the rest!
After completing your formal training and hands-on learning you will have:
- a nationally recognised qualification – Cert III in Business
- valuable work experience
- developed your communication and self-management skills
- developed a new social and professional network
- gained a solid grounding and skill set to apply for future roles within Brisbane City Council or other organisations
If you would like to earn while you learn with a Brisbane City Council Administration Traineeship – Apply Now!! Brisbane City Council is a great place to work
- The benefits of working at Council
- Brisbane City Council has recently launched its firstReconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and is actively working to increase opportunities for Brisbane’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. While our traineeships are open to everyone, we strongly encourage applications and enquiries from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
- Brisbane City Council is a multi-award winning accessible and inclusive workplace where our people represent the diverse communities we serve, are supported and can feel safe. Council has been awarded Employer of the Year at the National Disability Awards and since 2018 has been recognised with ‘Gold Employer’ statusfrom the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
- Council’s diverse and inclusive workforce helps make Brisbane a great place to live, work and relax.
Please note that you may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment to assess your ability to perform the genuine occupational requirements of the role.
How to apply: Click on the ‘Apply’ button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and cover letter which tells us why you’re interested in this opportunity and any work experience you already have.
For more information: Please contact Libby Watkins on 3178 0115 or firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading ‘Administration (Building and Structures) traineeship enquiry’. If you are interested in the role but you are unsure if you meet the requirements, or need some advice about preparing your application, we would still love to hear from you at the contact details provided.
Closing Date: Wednesday 5 October at 11.55 pm
To apply for this job please visit career10.successfactors.com.